Dog ear cleaner can help your dog’s ear remain cleaned. Though the process is not fun but is important for the overall health of your dog. Of course, you won’t want your dog to get infected. Thanks to ear cleaners for dogs.
We have curated this article to give you all the details about dog ear cleaning solutions, from the best products to the benefits, we have covered it all. Have a look:
Best picks for dog ear cleaner
- Pet King Brands ZYMOX Enzymatic Dog Ear Cleaner:
- Acts as both antifungal and antibacterial
- Kills antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Provides relief from inflammation and itching
- Highly recommended by vets
- Cures chronic and acute otitis externa
- Virbac Epi-Otic Advanced Dog Ear Cleaner:
- Is a routine cleanser
- Has anti-adhesive properties
- Works gently on puppies and adults
- Prevents any fungal and bacterial infection in the ear canal
- Can neutralize susceptible organisms
- Dechra’s MalAcetic Otic Dog Ear Cleaner:
- Contains natural ingredients
- Can be used on a regular basis
- Is free from artificial cleansers and ototoxic agents
- Can treat persistent infection in ears
- Has pleasant apple scent
- Dechra Epiclean Dog Ear Cleaner:
- Is a dry formula
- Protects from several infections
- Works effectively on dogs
- Removes debris
- Nutri-Vet Dog Ear Cleaner:
- Contains salicylic acid
- Is a mild formula
- Appropriate for etches caused by allergic reactions
- Contains aloe vera
- Does not cause burn or sting
Things to remember when you buy a dog ear cleaner
When buying a dog ear cleaning solution, take into consideration the following points.
- Types of dog ear cleaner
Dog ear cleaners can be of different types including liquid, pre-soaked wipes, drops or dry formula. While liquid formula is on budget, wipes are most convenient to use.
Ingredients are important for a dog ear cleaner. Look for ingredients that are not allergic to your dog. Always buy a cleaning solution that contains natural ingredients and contains no harsh chemicals.
You should go for products that are focussed on a particular issue affecting your dog, be it excessive wax, sensitive ear, or persistent infection.
- Ease of use
Dog ear cleaners should be easy to apply, otherwise, neither your dog nor you would enjoy the process.
Dog ear cleaner comes in a wide range and most of them are on budget. This means you can clean your dog’s ear regularly without having to worry about the price.
Benefits of dog ear cleaner
You may wonder what is the need of a dog ear cleaner? Well, check the points below and know it yourself:
- By cleaning your dog’s ear regularly, you can check for symptoms like inflammation, excessive wax, or redness.
- It can improve the hearing of your dog.
- The anti-bacterial solution also prevents the development of any type of infection in the ear.
- It fixes or treats mite’s infection as well.
How to clean a dog’s ear?
Follow these steps to clean your dog’s ear:
- Keep your dog relaxed during the cleaning process.
- If you are choosing a liquid solution, go through the instructions set by the manufacturers clearly.
- After applying the cleaning solution, message your dog’s ear.
- Use ear wipes and cotton swabs to clean the outer ear and vertical ear canal.
- Apply follow-up treatments only when necessary.
Like any other household member, you need to take good care of your dog too. And grooming is an important part of your dog’s routine. From bathing to nail cutting to ear cleaning, everything is equally important for your dog.
While there are plenty of ear cleaners for dogs available in the market, it’s essential that you weigh the advantage and disadvantages before buying one. Hopefully, our guide would help you get through it.